Friday, November 6, 2009

Week Eight- Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

I love pumpkin! I'm actually not a fan of pumpkin pie, but anything else with pumpkin- I love. The cookies this week have a subtle pumpkin flavor, and with the icing- they're great! They are a more cake-like cookie. I hope you enjoy. . .

Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Cookies


Cookies:

2 cup shortening

2 c sugar

1 29oz can of pumpkin

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

4 cup flour

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 tsp cinnamon


Combine shortening, and sugar. Mix well. Add pumpkin, vanilla and eggs. Mix dry ingredients together and then add to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Bake at 350 on a greased cookie sheet for 12-16 minutes.

This recipe makes a lot. I got about 7 dozen smaller cookies. You could easily half this.


Frosting:

Combine 6 T of butter with 1/2 cup milk in a large saucepan. Boil 2 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool. When cool add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix well, then frost cookies!


My two cents: I sprinkled mine with a little cinnamon sugar mixture.

2 comments:

  1. I have to take a pumpkin dessert to church on Thursday and I'm making these! Thanks for the recipe, looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked them. Caramel and pumpkin--two of my favorite things in life!

    ReplyDelete