Friday, November 13, 2009

Week Nine- Cornflake Cookies

I got this cookie recipe from a friend of mine here, Austin, and she got it from her mom! The best cookies always come from your mom right? These aren't any different. The cornflake/ coconut combo melts in your mouth! Another bonus- these cookies went together super fast. I had them mixed up and on the cookie sheet before my oven finished pre heating! I really liked the crispiness of this cookie. I do think the name, Cornflake Cookies, seemed kind of boring for these. So, you try them out and give me a name suggestion! (something snazzy) Thanks Austin and her mom for sharing!!
Cornflake Cookies
1 1/4 shortening (I prefer the butter flavored)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup shredded coconut
2 cups cornflakes
Cream together sugars and shortening. Add eggs and vanilla beat well. Mix together dry ingredients and then add to the sugar mixture. Mix well. Stir in coconut and cornflakes by hand. Drop tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let these sit a few minutes to firm up before moving to a cooling rack. Makes 4 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. Tried them tonight. Liked them. They had a nice crunch to them.

    ReplyDelete