Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week Four- Apple Cinnamon Chip

Don't those sound like fall cookies? I loved the spice in these and my house smells so good right now! I got these from a friend, thanks for sharing the recipe Moe!


Ingredients:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 med peeled, chopped apple
1 bag of Hershey Cinnamon chips
1 Blonde beater licker wearing rain boots! (optional)



Heat oven to 375. Beat sugar, shortening and egg till light and fluffy. Stir in dry ingredients. Stir in apple and chips. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.



My two cents: I doubled the recipe and I got about 6 dozen cookies using my pampered chef cookie scoop. I also added about an extra 1/2 cup of flour so if you were making this without doubling I would add at least another 1/4 cup, maybe more. When you go to add the flour the dough seems really dry, but after you add the apples it is moist again.






4 comments:

  1. I NEED the blonde beater licker BEFORE I can even attempt these cookies!! Send her to me ASAP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those turned out great! Better looking than the ones I made you. I'll bet Bryce didn't even hesitate to eat those. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are now officially in google reader and I am now officially on the road to gain 10lbs by Christmas. Thank you, thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. making these as i type. i had a bag of hershey's cinnamon chips just waiting for a purpose. making with butter. i'll let you know how they turn out :)

    ReplyDelete