Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week Twelve- Hamburger Cookies Courtesy of Brinkley

For a school project Brink had to invent what she thought was the "best cookie ever." She had to make enough cookies for everyone in her class and then do a presentation about why hers were the best. Her cookies did turn out really yummy and since then she has been bugging me to post them on the Cookie Blog. So this week the cookie of the week is the Hamburger Cookie invented by Brinkley! I hope you enjoy, don't let the strange name fool you, they really are great cookies. (Grandma you are REQUIRED to make these- I think you know she will be checking up on you!)

Hamburger Cookies


1 cup softened butter
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ large package of M&M’s
4 Hershey’s Bars
Chocolate Frosting (we mixed a can of chocolate frosting with cool whip)


First gather all your ingrediants.

Next, with your mixer, mix together butter and sugars.

Then add eggs and vanilla, mix well.

In a separate bowl mix your flour, salt and baking soda.

Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar.

Beat all together together really good.

Cut your Hershey bars onto little pieces.

Last add the chopped up Hershey bar and M&M’s.

Scoop dough onto a cookie pan.

Bake in your oven on 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
When golden brown remove from oven and put on cooling rack.
When cookies are cool frost with chocolate frosting and place two cookies together.


Instructions were typed by her too. I am so proud- I hope I have a future little baker on my hands!! By the way she got an 'A'!


A note on the frosting: I wasn't in the mood that night to make homemade frosting- sinec it was a last minute addition. I heard somewhere once that mixing cool whip with a can of frosting was really good and made it lighter. Whoever invented that is a genius and has earned my undying adoration!! It was so good and easy- which I think we all agree makes it taste even better. I didn't measure mine I just whipped it up in my Kitchenaid- starting with the frosting and adding the cool whip as I went. It is pretty fool proof. I plan to try this on cakes, cupcakes etc. I think I might have even lied a time or two when people asked if it was homemade. Please don't tell on me!!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try them! They look delicious, Brink. LOVE the spattering of freckles across your cute lil nose and chickens!!!! Love ya, angel. I'll post again when I try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Brinkley, Aunt Na and I made these last night after dinner. She did the mixing and I did the measuring. They turned out really yummy and we had fun making them. We shared (sent some home with them for later) some with Brother and Sister Brough who came over while we were frosting them. They thought they looked delicious and were anxious to try them. Thanks for the recipe! I'll make them again. Good job on a great school assignment and a GREAT fun delicious cookie! You ROCK, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those look good. Did you guys have to invent the recipe too. That looks like something a kids would invent...m&ms, chocolate, hershey bars. I'll eat some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just passing through and saw this recipe. Will have to try these this week with my boys. They are little cookie monsters. Wanted to comment on the icing (chocolate flavor) and mixing it with cool whip. A friend of mine suggested I try this this past October for my son's cake and it was delicious! She also suggested I stir in peanut butter after I fold the icing into the cool whip! Oh my, it was heaven. It tastes like a reeses cup, which is my son's favorite! I just "guestimate" the amount of peanut butter to use, usually about 3-4 large spoon fulls. I use the icing/cool whip combo on all my cakes now and everyone loves it! Can't wait to try your cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete