Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week Eleven- Double Chocolate Peanut Buttercup Cookies

My sincerest apologies for my lack of posting!! I love this "experiment" and I just got busy with the holidays and missed a week. Then one week turned into two, two into three. . . you get the idea! What's funny is that I don't think I ever missed actually making any cookies, I just missed posting. But, I am back and I am committed! So here is the cookie of the week: Double Chocolate Peanut Buttercup Cookies. These cookies are gooooood! Definitely snitch one when they ate fresh out of the oven. I plan on taking a batch of these as a "suck up" gift to my Aerobics teacher tomorrow. I am hoping she will let us skip the million jumping jacks she forces us to do. . . She probably won't, but a girl can dream.
Enough blah blah blah- Let's BAKE!



2 1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 of a 12 oz bag of peanut butter cups coarsely chopped
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a large separate bowl beat the softened butter, peanut butter, both sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy. (do not rush this step- I swear this is a secret to soft yummy cookies) Add your eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until thoroughly blended. Stir in the dry ingredients until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Using a cookie scoop place cookie dough two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until slightly firm to the touch, about 10-13 minutes. Mine went 12 minutes but they were still soft. Allow the cookies to cool before transferring to a cooling rack. Makes about 4 dozen.




My two cents: These are yum! Just take my advice- double the recipe and just use the whole bag of peanut butter cups! If you don't you'll wish you had. . .

I almost forgot- don't forget to eat some dough- that is good too. I ate almost as much dough as I did cookies. Enjoy!!

I always love to hear what you think or how yours turn out. Leave me a comment!

3 comments:

  1. These look DELISH!!! I wish I had some peanut butter cups on hand so I could make these right now! Brad is on his way home right now....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa...I just re-read this. A cup of butter??? That's 2 sticks!! YIKES! These probably won't help the baby weight fall off any faster :( There are some things I miss about being preggo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I made these, and doubled them because we were going to take some for pack meeting and then Josh walked out and told me that pack meeting had been cancelled. We have 6 dozen or so of these super yummy pound enhancing cookies at my house! My neighbors and coworkers are going to love me :)

    ReplyDelete