Monday, February 15, 2010

Week Fifteen- Sugar Cookies (Option 2)

My camera is missing! I hope it turns up soon. In the meantime I thought I would post this weeks recipe anyway. I decided to make sugar cookies again. This recipe is a little less fussy than the first. You don't have to refrigerate the dough and it is much easier to work with. You also get more cookies out of this recipe, so more cookies- less work! That's always good right?

Sugar Cookies:
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
3 1/2 cup flour
1 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1 t salt

Preheat oven to 375. Cream together shortening and sugar. Add milk, egg, and vanilla. Mix well. Combine flour and other dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture. This will make a stiff dough. Place dough on a floured surface and roll out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch, cut into desired shapes. (The thicker the dough the softer the cookies) Bake for 8 minutes. Cool and top with 2-3 inches of yummy frosting!
Pictures coming soon. . . I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment